Course Name :- Introduction to Quantum Computing
Introduction to Quantum Computing Cognitive Class Exam Answers:-
Question 1 : How many binary digits can a superposed electron store?
Question 2 : Who dreamed up the cat-in-the-box thought experiment?
- Dr. Seuss
Question 3 : Which of the following results in the superposition of a subatomic particle?
- Dual sets of probability values
Question 4 : Which of the following is a qubit’s most useful attribute for quantum computing?
Question 5 : What is a qubit really made of?
Question 6 : What is the speed of light is constrained by?
- Space and time
- Subatomic brakes
Question 7 : Which of the following is shared by entangled qubits?
- Wave function
- Energy level
- Spin property
Question 8 : Which of the following do entangled qubits have the potential to enable quantum computers to do?
- Perform certain very large calculations quickly
- Perform small calculations more quickly
- Perform long division more quickly
- Switch transistors ON and OFF more quickly
Question 9 : You have entangled two qubits. If you measure the spin of the first one and find that it is DOWN, the other one’s spin will always turn out to be which of the following?
Question 10 : During the cat-in-the-box thought experiment, if we don’t know whether or not the radioactive element has decayed, then what color should we assume the cat is?
- Probabilities of blue and orange superposed
- Probably blue
- Blue and orange
- Probabilities of blue and orange intermixed
Question 11 : When a superposition collapses, revealing only one of its values, which of the following happens to the other value?
- The probability of the other value drops to 0%.
- The other value evaporates.
- The other value is reduced to zero.
- The other value is subtracted from the first value.
Question 12 : Which of the following defines a subatomic particle’s position?
- Location in space and time
- Location in space
- Location in time
- Location in space or time
Question 13 : Which of the following is used to describe what happens when a qubit’s state collapses spontaneously, without measurement or noise?
Question 14 : What must a qubit’s superposed properties add up to?
- 100% probability
- 0% UP spin
Question 15 : Which of the following reflects the accuracy with which you can measure a subatomic particle’s position if you measure the same subatomic particle’s momentum with 100% accuracy?
- 100% accurate
- 50% accurate
- 25% accurate
- 0% accurate
Question 16 : What will the cat’s color be observed to be when the box is open at the end of the cat-in-the-box thought experiment?
- Blue or orange
- 50% blue and 50% orange
- Blue and orange superposed
Question 17 : Which of these properties could an electron qubit use to store information during quantum computing?
Question 18 : The “cosmic speed limit” refers to the fastest that which of the following can happen?
- Light can travel through a vacuum
- Sound can travel through air
- Entangled particles can communicate
- Photometers can analyze a light beam
Question 19 : Which of the following defines a subatomic particle’s momentum?
- Speed and direction of movement
- Speed and location of movement
- Time and direction of movement
- Time and location of movement
Question 20 : Which of the following best describes the properties of entangled qubits?
- Caused by changes in either qubit